Sunday, January 24, 2010

More Progress is Made


I took this mainly to show how far the soot/smoke from the fire travelled. This is the wall on the other side of the bathroom. The moulding has been removed which has made the smoke damage that much more obvious. Fortunately the floors are going to be refinished and the walls sealed and painted.






Soon this view of my work room won't be available - at least as soon as the wall goes up. The entire downstairs sub-floor is now level. it used to be a step down into this space and a step up between the dining room and living room. Not anymore! Unfortunately muscle memory is still expecting the various levels so I'm constantly scuffing my shoes when I'm walking from one room to the next. But the floor contractor will be happy so it's all good.



The drain hole for the claw foot tub has been drilled and you can see it's quite a ways from the original drain (the black thing closer to the wall). We decided to move it over almost a foot to make it easier to get around the tub. We toyed with the idea of raising the tub a foot, but decided against it.




Speaking of raising things - Tim finally found out about his "throne". Apparently he marched back downstairs and shook our builder's hand for finally giving him a raised toilet - apparently it's a guy thing.



As the blue tape says this is the linoleum we're going to use in the downstairs bathroom, mudroom and my work area. I think it'll look great with the blue/green/gray paint I'm going to use. A gray color won't impact the colors of my fiber and is also very easy on the eyes and I'm going to be spending a lot of time in this room so the more comfortable it is the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment